Sunday, October 28, 2007

And It's Over...

Freakfest 2007 has come to an end, and this year's costumes definitely lived up to my expectations. Not only did I see the standard, the ordinary, the typical... Numerous answered the call for creativity. One of my favorite costumes of the evening was the, "Facebook Whore." This young lady wore all white, wrote, "write on my wall," on the front of her shirt, and wrote, "poke me," on her behind. Although the costume was a bit over the top, it didn't fail to amuse. Another costume that caught my eye was, "Amy Winehouse." This young lady donned tattoos and heavy eye makeup, and ensured authenticity adding blood to her shoes.

Last night State Street exploded with extraordinary, while many did buy packaged costumes, more created outlandish, shocking Halloween costumes. People took commonplace themes and put their individual spin on them. For instance, a pirate themed costume may not sound unusual, but one male's outfit caused my mouth to drop... I thought Johnny Depp had flown in from the set of Pirates of the Caribbean.

Although I did see plenty of ladies covered up, costumes from Web sites like www.forplaycatalog.com managed to make their way to State Street. French maids, race-car drivers, devils and even bees somehow got "slutified."

Last night, and early into the hours of the morning State Street erupted with excitement. Next year, I hope to see more people answer the call for creativity, though countless did in 2007. The sun is finally up, and the ordinary will once again walk the streets of Madison.

No comments: